Since Christmas is already here, New year is just 6 days away now. I am sure that you all have by now done planning how you are going to spend your New Year’s day and night. If not, you better hurry now.
Also check, New Year 2016 Wishes
Here are some interesting New year facts that you may find amusing. Have fun
- The first New Year’s celebration was held 4,000 years ago by the emperor of Rome Julius Caesar
- According to a research, forty-five percent of Americans make New Year’s resolutions
- Ethiopia has 13 months. Their current year is still 2006 and they celebrate New Years on September 11.
- New Year’s is the time when many people make resolutions to break bad habits or start good ones.
- New Year is one of few festivals that is celebrated throughout the world
- Many people ring in New Year’s by popping open a bottle of champagne
- There is a music festival every New Year’s eve in the Antarctic called ‘icestock’
- An estimated 1 billion people worldwide watch the Times Square ball drop
- New Year’s Day is the oldest celebrated holiday
- More vehicles are stolen on New Year’s Day than any other holiday
- In Thailand, they celebrate their traditional New Year’s Day with a state sponsored multiple day water fight.
- “Auld Lang Syne” is the official New Year song sung at New Year parties
- In England, the first guest to arrive at their home is believed to hold their good fortune.
- The top three places to celebrate New Year’s Eve are Las Vegas, Disney World and of course, New York City.
- Baby New Year is the symbol most commonly associated with New Year
- Russians celebrate the New Year twice, once on January 1st and then again on January 14th.
- In Italy, people wear red underwear on New Year’s Day to bring good luck all year long.
- Chinese New Year is celebrated the second full moon after the winter solstice.
I hope you enjoy your New Year party. Have fun and have a blessed New Year 2016