New Year is just a few days away now. Many of us make the list of New Year resolutions and some of us even complete some or all of resolutions by the end of the year. Leaving bad habits is one of the most popular resolutions we add in our list. If you want to quit smoking this year, you must be serious about it. So, first add it to your list of New Year resolutions and then, follow the below things.
1. Know the bad part: You must already know the bad part of smoking. How does smoking hurt your health is a very common subject and you can easily find like a billion reasons why you should quit the habit now.
2. Save yourself: By quitting smoking, you can save yourself from COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), cancer and many other deadly diseases. When you quit smoking, you also protect your children, family, and friends from exposure to secondhand smoke, which cause even more harm
3. Quitting is not going to be easy: But it will be worth it. Nicotine is a very addictive drug and will leave you craving for it. But, you can get success if you know the ultimate goal. If you want to quit, you just do it for good
4. Choose the best method for you: Here are some most popular methods for those who want to quit smoking
- Prepare for the day and change routines if required. Get rid of all tobacco products from everywhere you can go. Stay out of the environment that leads you to smoking. Stay away from people who smoke.
- Get support from other people. Make them notice your progress. Tell them that you want to quit and need their help
- Take help of a doctor or health provider. Take medications if prescribed by a doctor. Other possible things include Over-the-counter nicotine replacement therapies (NRTs), nicotine inhalers, nasal sprays, bupropion SR and varenicline tartrate.
Once you are on it, make sure you end up quitting the bad habit entirely. To make sure that you do not get back to smoking, leave the environment for good.